Shires Deluxe Comfort Grazing Muzzle
Shires grazing muzzles are proven to help with controlled or restricted feeding regimes and special diets.
- Cut back under the chin to avoid unneccessary pressure and improve the fit.
- Muzzle features a rubber base with a hole in the bottom through which grass can enter.
- Reinforced web bars which allow free air exchange.
- Anti-chafe padding around the inside of the muzzle protects the delicate nose and chin area.
- Head and throat straps benefit from anti-chafe padding.
- Fully adjustable harness is fitted with a field safe fastening.
- D-Ring allows a leadrope to be attached.
PLEASE NOTE: Small Pony will only fit very delicate minatures. Average Ponies will require cob size.
When To Use A Muzzle:
- For horses and ponies on a weight loss or weight control diet.
- For use in horses and ponies with Cushing's syndrome or for those at risk of laminitus, insulin resistance and equine metabolic syndrome.
- Useful as part of their overall management system (often in consultation with your veterinary surgeon).
Grazing Muzzle Research Shows:
- Reduce pasture dry matter intake by ponies by an average of 80% by significantly reducing bite size and therefore grass intake.
- Be effective in all seasons. Reducing intake by approximately 78% in spring, 77% in summer and 83% in autumn compared to non muzzled ponies.
Shires Equestrian Catalogue Code: 495NF - Shires Deluxe Comfort Grazing Muzzle